[ST] Re: Datyona Shifter

William,
I can field your questions, if STeve doesn't.  I'm responsible for him
converting.(no comments from the peanut gallery)

Yes it is the standard Triumph replacement part for a Daytona/Speed Triple.

The year does matter(as I found out).  The Y2K Daytona was the first year
they changed from a linkage similar to the Sprint ST, to a one piece.  This
part will cover '99 to '01 ST's and I believe RS's.  When the new motor came
out in the Daytona a new, longer, lever was required.  This is also true of
the '02 Sprint ST.

The '99-'01 fitment should be part # T2080373.  Cost is around $75(USA).  I
can't give a part # or price on the '02 version because, well, mine was, um,
liberated, from a wreck by a connection of mine :)  I would assume the price
is about the same though.  You can order them from your local dealer or our
fine list sponser Jack Lilley.  Or if you have the good fortune to fine a
wrecked Daytona or Speed Triple of the correct vintage you might be able to
get it cheaper.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen
<<
Hey STeve,
Can you give me some more info on the Daytona shifter. Is it just a
standard replacement part?  For what year Daytona (if it makes any
difference) ?  From where did you get it? Cost?
Sounds like a mod I'd like to add. Will appreciate any info you can give.
Thanks, Bill