Re: [ST] Riding Pants

<<
Yes, my Wrangler's are a 36 as well, but that is just so I can fit my butt
and thighs in there.  Other than that they are a little loose.  And, yes, I
would most likely be looking at wearing them more as an "over" pant as
opposed to wearing them by themselves.  So, would I be in the same boat you
are in and should look at the Large instead of the XL?  XL would end up
being quite large on me?

If 36 is comfortable around the waist then I would suggest the Larges, from
my experience with their sizing.  Even with jeans on underneath, I still
think XL may be a bit too much.  But I haven't tried them.  BTW I have a 32
inch inseam and they barly drag at the heel when not synched shut at the
bottom.

<<
Do you ever wear them as your only pants?  Without jeans under them?  How
comfortable are they?

During most riding, outside of commuting, yes I do wear them as my main
pants.  I wear full length lycra riding pants under them for that no stick
affect :)  I find the lycra controls moisture and heat well enough that the
pants are very comfortable from 40 deg up to 90ish(where nothing but air
conditioning is comfortable).  I also wear them over my kahkis when commuting
to work, still fairly comfortable, but don't stand around in them, things get
damp with perspiration in the heat in there.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen