[ST] New owner - almost made it 100 miles.

Well I picked the ST yesterday and was out cruising today.
The bike felt really nice until I came to a stop light and smelled fuel.
Looking down there was fuel dripping from the bottom of the bike.
The fuel was steaming off the exhaust so I pulled over and immediately
killed the engine. The culprit was on of the white plastic fuel fittings
at the back of the tank had cracked. Fuel was still pouring out so I
pulled the cracked fitting completely off to plug it but the leak
stopped.
It seems there is some sort of insert the fitting to open the valve
gizmo.
The fitting didn't look very substantial and the fuel line was putting a
sideways pressure on the fitting. Luckily I had a cell phone and called
a friend to trailer us home (only 20 miles).

Has anybody else seen this?

Thanx
Kevin Mcdonald
Austin TX