[ST] Re: trailer tie downs

Keith

With all due respect to the Cmdr., absolutely use a front wheel chock and tie
the front wheel to the chock or to the trailer after the front wheel is in
the chock.  This is not an option IMHO.  I have done quite a bit of
trailering of my bikes to and from the dealers for work and by haveing the 4
tie downs and the front wheel chock tie, and following the other suggestions
of compression of suspension, not in gear, no stand, I have never had a
problem.  Make sure your tie downs are excellent quality, don't buy the cheap
ones, and tie the excess straps so there is no flutter.  At Bike week in
Daytona this year, another customer of my shop, was towing his new Ducati in
a trailer, two tie downs, no chock.  After a bump going into the track, the
Ducati owner was horrified to see his Duc jump out of the trailer and being
dragged behind.  Yikes!!
Good luck, Jim