[ST] gas cap paint problem

I, too am having some paint issues, but mine are around the gas cap. The
silver ring that circles the gas cap is peeing, presumably because it is
made of some sort of plastic..

Anyone have a quick solution, such as a stainless replacement cap (is such a
thing available for a '00 RS?) I have seen the Union Jack graphic cover for
the gas cap, but it doesn't seem like that would stay in place, especially
if it got some fuel under it.

Should I take it up as a warranty issue? Any advice is appreciated..

- -forrest
00 RS