RE: [ST] Proper Tools to Do the Job????

> How do I know this?  Well I was speaking to a fellow Triumph
> owner (ST) and
> he went and got his service manual to tell me how to remove
> the front and
> rear wheels (since I'm considering DIM).  Turns out the front
> axle bolt on
> my RS is a HEX bolt and I currently don't have the tool to unscrew it.
> Didn't even come in my small tool kit.  Also I as part of
> removing the front
> wheel I need to unmount the caliphers from the forks.  They
> are TORX bolts
> of which I don't have either in my tool kit, and my personal
> kit only goes
> up to T-50 which is too small.

You think that's bad.  On the Daytona (pre 2002) the rear part of the seat
is released by using the key.  But the front part of the seat is held on by
two 8mm (I think) bolts.  Under the front part of the seat you will find
things like the battery and fuse box, gameboy cable etc.  Now it seems to me
that being able to get at the fuses whilst out on the road could be
absolutely essential, but there is no spanner in the Triumph toolkit that
fits these bolts!  Un-bloody-believable!  First thing I did when I bought my
Daytona was to buy John King's excellent quick release set kit.

Andy