[ST] Mirror Extension Report

Hi All,

"Well I had the chance to put the prototype mirror extensions thru the paces
this weekend down in the fabulous Texas Hill Country.  Excerpts from my
report to John King at SkyKing Products follows:

The spacer's performed flawlessly on my trip of over 1,100 miles of
hard, back-road canyon carving, and several runs well up into the triple
digits.  Solid, did not waiver, and have not loosened up one bit.  I am
already used to seeing "everything" behind me so much I don't know how I
ever got along without them.  Probably the best "everyday convenience"
upgrade ever devised for our beloved  Sprint-ST's.

You can still see a bit of your elbows in the lower inside corners of the
mirrors, and at first I thought that might be a problem, which is why I have
withheld judgment until now.  But after this week-end I can say that it has
no effect on complete rearward visibility.

Let me put it this way.  On the open highway, I can see cars directly behind
me....in BOTH mirrors, as close as they can get.  In the city, at
stoplights, the blind spot is not until a car is within five feet, then I
cannot see the front of the car, but can still see the rear quarter panels.
I think only a street-luger could hide in the blind spot."

<end>

Please let me make clear to the list that I am not associated with SkyKing
Products in any way and receive NO compensation from John.  He is just a
good guy IMHO, making some really quality products for the Triumph
aftermarket, and asked me to evaluate this new prototype.
It looks like a winner to me.

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite