[ST] Fuel gauge and MIL

Hi
I am hoping someone can help with a bit of advice!
I recently had my fuel tank off as I had a few spare minutes and thought it
would be a good idea to fit the Scottoiler I've had kicking around for
nearly a year.
Anyway after staring at the bike in all its naked glory for a while, I came
to the conclusion that the best place for the reservoir would be alongside
the battery carrier, however I decided to sleep on it first to see if I
could come up with a better solution.
So put it all back together.
But....
The fuel level warning light is now on permanently. Obviously I didn't get
something quite right during reassembly but cannot find or see anything
wrong.
Has anyone got any idea what could be the cause?
Now as I like to think I am reasonably sensible I wasn't too concerned about
the warning light as I could monitor my fuel requirements through my trip
meter. Right?
Er....not exactly. As I ran out of fuel last night and now have the MIL on
permanently to join the fuel warning light!.
Now if I remember correctly I should be able to clear this (assuming no real
problems) by the engine going through 3? full heat cycles.
Am I correct in this?
Has anyone else fitted a Scottoiler to an RS if so where did you mount the
reservoir?
Any suggestions gratefully received
Pete
00RS in fast yellow (but wasted on me)