[ST] Re: MSF Braking Drills

  I took the MSF advanced rider course a few years ago, and highly
reccomend it.  I, too, got bitched at for braking too agressively on the
emergency braking drills.  I pointed out to the instructor that the best
"emergency" stop is the one that takes the least stopping distance, and,
therefore, it was impossible to be braking too hard unless I was locking
the front wheel, or levitating the rear one.  He reluctantly agreed, but
said that I was on the verge of front lockup, and was making him nervous
because of it.  This was with a VX800, and I can't imagine what he would
think of the Sprint's brakes!
  I need to take the class again to refresh myself.  Maybe we can get
the other SoCal liSTers together for an all Sprint training course?
That would be cool.  Do they offer a group discount?  If anyone is
interested, let me know off list, and I'll check into it.

Wes

End of st-digest V2002 #218