Re: [ST] Helmet Preference...

From: Big Riff Subject: [ST] Helmet Preference...

<snip> Anyone have any real world experience with either
>the Z-Two or the Quantum/f?  Suggestions? Opinions?<

John,

I've had a Quantum E for 3 years, and love it. The new Quantum F has better
venting, and the shield system has been upgraded with that useless little
lever. Fuggetaboutit, as the old method of spreading the shield out at the
lower edges of where it hinges and snap it up & out....that still works
best. I can change my shield without even taking my helmet off, no problem!
That is very convient when the sky  suddenly gets darkened by clouds, rain,
or the setting sun and I need to go from my iridium shield to a clear one.

Yes, a 3year old helmet should have only 1 more year in it, but I just don't
know If I'll go with Arai again. Not because of the helmets, they are
excellent, but because of the new marketing policy. (No internet or mail
order slaes, only dealer showrooms.) I know what size I take, and I DO NOT
need a salesman to "help fit me". What a load of BS!

Ken M.