Re: [ST] Helmet Preference...

When I had to buy one I went everywhere trying on all different brands,
(Bell, Shoei, HJC, Arai), you name it I probably tried it.  I ended up
settling one the Arai Okada Replica Quantum/f series.  I agree with you,
it's excellent comfortable, light weight, and quietness isn't bad although I
always wear earplugs anyway.

As far as the little latch on the face shield, it's really not bad.  It
seemed to be a pain at first, but once worn in it's a breeze.  You can
actually crack it at speed for vent and it doesn't lift.  It has vents
everywhere and they make a big difference.

The only thing I don't like is the face shield mechanism.  It actually comes
out very easy.  It's putting back on that's difficult and takes patience and
finese.  BUT, how often would you take it off.  Over one year I only took it
off 3 times.  1st just experimenting with it's operation, 2nd to clean, 3rd
to replace because a vent fell out (my fault).

Other than that I would HIGHLY recommend the Quantum/f series.  I don't know
how often one should buy helmets, but barring any sever hits, I figure I can
get another 4-5 years easy.

NOTE: I also recommend, no matter what you buy, a helmet liner.  My inside
still looks new.  No grease, dirt, or stink.

- -Rich
'00 RS
Lucifer Orange
(The fastest color isn't the the color of the bike, it's the color of the
person riding who has the brass to push the limits of man/woman & machine)