Re: [ST] Helmet Preference...

I have no problem buying mail order vs. local shops. In fact I just
bought two tires by mail order for the exact reason mentioned below
(except the local shop didn't have them in stock any ways.) What my
comment was directed to (and this is coming from the perspective of
someone who has worked in a motorcycle dealership) is the practice of
using the dealer to try on helmets, jackets, and other items and then
walking out the door and ordering them by mail.

If people want the services that a dealership or local store
provides, then they should support that dealer.

>Come on, If you were given the choice of paying ($449.00 + 6% sales tax at a
>local shop) vs. ($329 + 8$ shiping) unless you absolutely needed it that
>minute (for what ever reason) that $138.94 cost savings is a "no brainer" .
>And I can't think of any reason other than life or death that I wouldn't
>save that kinda money.  It's worth the 5 day wait.

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned