[ST] Throttle cable stop?

Jon Geary wrote:

>Hi Neil,
>I just noticed your post (re: MZ's), and couldn't help
>being taken in by your comment re: the throttle stop
>on the cable.
>
>Could you elaborate a little on that, as I've found
>nothing in the archives.

For the archives; I bought my '99 ST in Germany and it was restricted to 98
hp.  The restriction was a metal stop at the engine end of the throttle
cable, to prevent the last few degrees of throttle opening.  To remove it,
lift up the tank (you probably won't need to disconnect the cabling & hoses)
and unscrew the stop - it's a small 90 degree bracket held in place with one
screw.  You will of course need to tell your insurance company as well.  I
expect the throttle stop is only fitted to 98 hp models for sale in the Euro
market.

Neil