[ST] GP's: New & unimproved

Ladies & Gentlemen:

The new GP rules allowing four stroke bikes have ruined Grand Prix
Motorcycle Racing.

Two races complete now. I held this back after the Suzuka round because of
the wet race there. We really didn't get a good look at the impact of the 4
strokes on the sport then. Now we know. African GP, Wellcom, the four
stroke's are in a different class.

I understand and agree with Matt Knowles point that at least they are now
running machinery with technology that could _conceivably_  trickle down to
us sport minded street & occasional track riders. But at what expense? I'll
tell ya: At the death of the premier, most exclusive, highest echelon of
motorcycle roadracing. It's gone forever & I for one will lament it's
passing the same way I lament the ban on turbocharging in F1 in the 80's.

Two classes now compete in the 'top' class but they're scored together. I
have a bad (but hopefully thoughtful) comparison: If we modified my not
fully developed homemade S6 (and other mfr's similar sedans)  to the point
they'd DOMINATE F1 races next year, the FIA says  bring them on. What
happened? Of course we just killed Formula 1. And that's what has just
happened to the GP's. Please, at any of motorsports Highest Level of
racing, you don't change the rules to allow drastically different types
of  machinery to compete in the premier class. Or at least score them
differently: 500's 1-2-3 and 4-Strokes 1-2-3. No, I take that back: DON'T
RUN THEM IN THE SAME CLASS !

Hey, don't they already have a series for the crim-de-la-crim of the 4
stroke roadracing machines? Yeah, we know it & love it. I wished all those
new Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Aprilla (did I miss one?) were in that series.

Matt, couldn't the technology 'trickle-down' from there, too. I sure hope
it works better that wonderful trickle down economics a'la Regan era
Republican idreameology.

Johh Petrey
Apex Dawg, distraught 500GP fan