Re: [ST] crankcase breather seal

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 03:09:44PM -0500, brian wrote:
> I went to check this seal on my bike.  I got the cover off, can see the
> disc.  Then I pried the seal out of the cover, but can't see any writing
> on it to indicate if it's in the right direction or not.  I'll upload a
> picture here in a minute and maybe someone can tell me if it's correct?
>
> Even if it is, I'm thinking I might get a new one anyway.

Another followup question, since my thread got hijacked by some brake
question :b, are there 2 pieces to the seal that press into the cover:
a plastic or rubber and the metal washer-like housing? or is it all one
piece?

Another way of asking this is can I just turn the whole thing around, or
do I have to pull the rubber piece out of the metal one and reverse it?

Another way of asking this is: does the flat part of the metal
washer-like thing go against the crankcase?

Laters,
Brian
- --
'99 ST (black)