Re: [ST] GP's: New & unimproved

<<
I would, however, like to see a series that allowed the 955's to
compete............

Randy in AZ

There is such a class.  Beginning this year World Superbike allows up to 955
cc triples.  Convienent isn't it ;)  I really think the FIM is trying to
tempt Triumph out onto the track.  Let's hope they take the bait.

As for GP racing.  Same old, same old.  Honda pushes a rules package until
they get it, or they give up trying to make something else work and throw
more money than most makers have at a design, until it wins.  If it were
anyone but Honda at the front you can be sure the big H would be whining
about other teams unfair advantage(al-la WSB).  What, a 3/4 of a million
dollar bike on a multi million dollar budget can't beat some little pain in
the ass Italian bike?  Wwhhhaaahhhh!  I feel real sorry for them.  Maybe if
they were not worshiping at the allmighty horsepower throne, and working on
some decent handling characteristics, they wouldn't have this problem.  Corse
they could just pull a Yamaha, and take their 2 year old superbike only
design, and go home, because they felt they weren't treated fairly.  Their
rider had an illegal substance found in his body.  Sorry but them's the
rules, if you get caught breaking them, too bad!

I too would like to see better competition between many teams, but it doesn't
look like that's going to happen any time soon.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

PS.  Sometimes I just get carried away about these things.  I promise a
smaller soapbox next time.