Re: [ST] U-turn diameter

> Two weeks and 1500 miles into things, I still feel like such on dork on
the
> ST. I dumped it in a gas station Saturday evening turning around to get to
> the other side of the island. It has always felt a bit ungainly at low
> speeds.

I hate it when that happens...

A few weeks ago at a Cornering and Braking course I had my own embarrassing
moment.

We had just done emergency braking from 100 km/h - no problem with the great
stoppers on the RS.

We moved onto the skid pan and were doing a few different exercises -
counter-steer swerves, jousting, figure eights, etc.

At the end of each run, we did a tight U-turn to get in the queue for the
next run.  Unfortunately, during one of these U-turns, I made the basic
mistake of touching my front brake... the bike immediately stoped and
pitched over to the right.  I got a foot down but could not hold the weight
(with a full tank of fuel) and (slowly...) laid the bike over.  It was very
embarrassing.  Fortunately there was only a minor, thumb-nail sized scratch
on the lower right-hand fairing and a small scratch on the stainless front
collar of the muffler - a dab of Lucifer Orange touch up paint and it's
unnoticeable.

The real bummer was that I knew not to touch the front brake in a slow turn,
but I did it anyway.  I sure won't do it again!

Now when I do tight turns (still a bit nerve wracking) I repeat these words
to myself:

"Head Up!  Head Turn!  Revs Up!  Rear Brake!"

Shane.
'01 Sprint RS - Lucifer Orange (slightly scratched...)