Re: [ST] Mushy Brakes

> I can't think of any reason that extending and retracting the
>calipers would have such a marked effect.

 The seals on the pistons can swell up or get sticky (dirty, or just dry and
old). This stops the pistons sliding past them, in effect pulling the pads
back to their original  "resting" position. With a big movement of the
pistons, it can allow the pistons to move freely, letting them reset to the
"proper" position.

Taking the calipers off is a  bit drastic and hardly necessary : just get
down with a big screwdriver, bar etc and lever the pads apart in the
calipers. Pump the balke lever and bob's your mother' live-in lover.

Tim.