[ST] Hard bags (Panniers) worth it?

After owning my 01 ST for 4 days now, I've ordered the seat cowl, the CF
slip on and the tank bag.  But at $1000USD I'm holding off on the hard bags
until a long trip.    My question to all you owners: did you get the hard
bags for your bike right away, or did some of you purchase softbags instead?
If you did get the hard bags, how do you like them (aka - are they worth a
thousand bucks..)?

Also, while I've got your attention, I noticed on my second ride that the
fuel injection buzzer stayed on for about 5-10 minutes into the ride.  My
dealer said this may go away during break in but that there also was an
update to fix it.  Is this a common thing? (sorry if this is in the archives
already).

Cheers,

Scott

01 BRG