Re: [ST] Hard bags (Panniers) worth it?

original query:
>From: Scott.Fehr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>If you did get the hard bags, how do you like them (aka - are they worth a
>thousand bucks..)?

OK, my turn to chime in......

Like others, the hard bag option was a major factor in my decision to go
with the ST.  Coming from a '98 Trophy 1200 I already knew their usefulness.
  I used to take them off when not on an overniter or longer.  But since
most all of my riding entails long distance...well, I just leave'em on all
the time.  Couple'a things;  I am rarely mistaken for a "squid" by the
LEO's, and I do believe I have escaped a ticket or two by coming off as the
"touring" type (87 in a 65??), cops actually give me a wave sometimes!
Practical?  Hell yeah!  Did you know you can carry a "bowling ball" or your
cat to the vet??  And I think I like the looks of the bike as much/more with
the bags on, shows the bike's *true purpose*, lapping America.  Then an
added bonus is when I smoke an F4 out on the freeway, or leave a ZX-12 for
dead in the twisties, they hate me, and my hard bags :]   Image is nothing,
action is everything.

'Course I my not be the one to ask, current clock; 28,700 miles in 22
months.  Yeah, I ride LD, but all on the backroads.
Screw the slab.

STeve Duncan
"Loco Dawg"
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx
xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Take the time to sing inside your helmet,
and dance on the footpegs, now and then"