[ST] ST done blowed up.

Well, folks on the way to work Tuesday, My Lucifer Orange 2000 Sprint ST apparently threw a connecting rod and punched a .5 inch by 1 inch hole in the lower engine case.  Shop hasn't yet taken the engine apart yet to see what other damage there is, but mentioned that it makes crunching noise when they rolled it into their service area.  I don't know why this happened.  I changed the oil every 4k, I don't abuse the bike.  I don't participate in squid like behavior.  Luckily there are 3 months left on the warranty, and only 10700 miles on it, hopefully there won't be an issue regarding whether it will be covered under warranty.  But as I understand it Triumph doesn't keep crated engines and the new 2002 ST engine does not fit in the 2000 frame, so apparently the  dealer will have to more or less build a new engine out of what is left of mine.