Re: [ST] She's gone (why I didn't buy the XX)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 Scott.Fehr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I purchased my ST last saturday - choosing between the XX, the VFR and the
> ST.  I was dead set on the Blackbird when I walked into the dealership.  I
> honestly never even looked at the ST before that because when I saw Triumph
> I thought 2 things: expensive and unreliable.  After the sales guy finished
> with his schtick about Triumph's warranty rate and after I sat on the ST
> (and listened to it), I was hooked.  A big part of it for me was "where" the
> power was.  I know the XX has gobs more hp than the ST, but after owning
> several high strung bikes I wanted something with grunt down low.

But alas, the XX, a friend of mine had one until a recent high side that
totaleed it. Got to ride it a few times, simply silly power, nothing like
corssing 6-7k rpm and the front just starts to rise. No thorrle bounce,
tugs on the handle bars, ground heaves, nothing just pure power. ahhh.

Alas, no factory hard bags.

> A question for y'all: how do the 60-80mph roll on times between the ST and
> CBR XX compare?  I've heard the XX doesn't really wake up until after 5500
> RPM.  Has anyone ridden the XX and the ST - how would you compare the
> power/engine?

It all depends on how you ride, I don't mind dropping a gear once in a while :-)

t.