Re: [ST] Battery and Fuse Problems

John Cooper wrote:

><snip>
> But this morning it was completely discharged.
><snip>
> According to the owners manual, I'm  in "limp home mode."

The engine warning light will come on if the computer loses power (either
through a flat battery or a fuse being pulled out). It should reset itself
after three (?) cycles. A cycle is the engine starting, getting up to
operating tempreture and then stopping again and cooling off. If you go to
your dealer the computer will probably have an error code stored in it.

> Also, can anyone provide a fuse listing for the 01 ST?
><snip>

There should be a correct list on the inside of the fuse box lid.

> shows 2 rows of 5, plus 1 main fuse.  But the actual fusebox has 2 rows
> of 6 fuses, plus 2 main fuses.
><snip>

The fuse box has two spare small fuses and one spare large fuse stored in
it. I carry some extra spares in a small bag in addition to those in the
box. Some amperages (I can't remember which ones) don't have spares in the
box.

> it.  I assume the owner's manual has not been updated as yearly changes
> were made.  Have you noticed that the US owner's manual does not
> identify the year of the bike?
><snip>

Although the computer changed slightly from '99 to '00 I'm not aware of the
fuse box ever having changed so it should still be current. I guess they
don't specify the year of the bike because they didn't think there were any
relevent differences between them.

Hope this helps.

Phil
'02 S3