Re: [ST] Police Survivor Run - Philadelphia, PA

Erik,

Your points are well taken.  These events can be kind of annoying but I find
it a thrill to get that many bike enthusiasts together even if it's just to
talk to new people and look at all sorts of bikes.  Usually, I'll attend 2
or 3 each year and take my Harley instead of the Sprint just because it
easier to ride slow with the lower seat and torquey big twin.  I agree with
some of your comments about the "die hard" Harley guys, but you get that
kind of thing at either end of the spectrum.  Out here near the Jersey shore
I'm constantly watching 18 year old squids doing burn outs with their front
brakes locked, or riding wheelies in their baggy shorts and tank tops.
Unfortunately, it's these "fringe" riders that leave the lasting impression
on non-motorcyclists.  Anyway, I ride alone often so sometimes it's cool to
ride with a big group -- just have to be extra careful about who's riding
around you.  Bad weather just throws an additional hazard into the mix...

John
'01 BRG ST

- ---------------------------------

With all due respect , and I mean it. I just don't understand why
anyone would want to go for a ride with a WHOLE LOT of other
people???  I mean first off they always ride SLOW.. or at least the
speed limit ( this of course means 40 mph on beautuful twisties that
should be ridden at 60  :-) and if you pass anyone cause they are
riding slow-er than my 75 year old Mother then you get dirty looks
and they all think you're a crazy rider! Also most of the time the
attendess of these "runs" are Harley types so one gets to hear how
wonderfull their bikes are, and how they put a whole lot of $$ into
these new chrome wigets, or some other performance upgrade to boost
HP to a staggering 65... Then I have to listen to loud pipes .. tying
to save my life.. And of course god forbid you wear good safety gear
or a full face helmet then you're a wuss.. Or even try and discuss
MSF or track classes .. No siree.. I've been a ridin for 30 years I
don't need no ridin classes .. Hell I've a only had to layer down oh
maybe 4 or 5 times.. an I got the scars to prove it..           PASS!

Erik