From: Brian D [mailto:brd@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 6:59 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] 12v mini compressor(Re:size of top box capacity in
dimensions?)

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:34:53AM -0500, John Petrey, Jr. wrote:
> At 07:12 AM 8/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Interesting to note that Triumph does specify that in MPH.
>
> IIRC that's about 140mph, right?

Yes, but it's a catch-22 as the drag from the topbox limits you to about
125mph ... er, I mean, so I've heard.

> Brian, how much do those 12v miniairpumps cost? I want to start packing
one
> of those. What a good idea.

Yeah, I read about someone on usenet or somewhere that had one.  I got
mine at harbor freight for $10.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43520

It's probably not the best pump in the world, but it does work, and I
figured it's cheaper and easier to carry than the little gun + 15 CO2
cartridges.  I also removed the plastic housing, to take up even less
space.  I'll upload a picture.

I haven't had to use it yet <knock wood>.  Not even sure how I'd wire it
up, as it has a standard cigarette lighter connector.  I figure if I had
to use it, I'd Macgyver some sort of solution on the side of the road,
though.  :)

Laters,
Brian
- --