[ST] starting woes

Last weekend I put 900 miles on it with no problem during a trip to
Scotland. I washed it last Sunday evening and this morning was the first
time I have tried to use it since.

The starter motor was turning the engine over OK but it just wouldn't
fire up. I checked every fuse and I checked the ECM relay and all were
fine. I could hear the fuel pump priming with its normal whine.

Obviously, you got water in something where it shouldn't have been, It could
have been water in the gas, or in some electronic gadget that needed to be
dried out. You could have pulled a fuel line to see if you had water in the
gas. If you in fact had spark, this would have been the probable cause. Were
you using a high pressure hose to wash it? That's really a no-no on bikes
because they can force water into places it doesn't belong.
Bare