[ST] headlight fuse blowing

I was really glad to discover this list.  Just bought my used 99 ST in
June, 7000 miles.

One morning I came out to find the battery dead.  Noticed I had left key
on after killing engine with cutoff switch.

Charged up battery, then found the 15 amp headlight/taillight fuse was
blowing after 3-4 minutes of running.  Looked at the manual and was
sorry to see "never use kill switch, could cause electrical system
damage."  No issue with other bikes I've had...

Dealer spent three hours on the problem, found a bad relay
(dimmer/main-beam relay) and replaced.

No problem for a few weeks.  Then the same fuse started blowing again,
for no apparent reason--no dead battery that time.  In fact I didn't
know it was out till I went through a 100-yard long tunnel on Blue Ridge
Parkway near my house here in Asheville.  Pretty dark in there.

Dealer spent five hours on it this time, checking everything they could
think of--and mercifully charged me just $110 since it was "the second
time."

So, the reason I'm glad to you find you folks: today while riding the
headlight/taillight fuse blew again!

I found a bunch of postings about electrical glitches--most related to
the tie under the ignition .  Will definitely pass that one along to
dealer--any other possibilities??

Fantastic bike, looking forward to riding!

Richard

99 ST
01 BMW 650 Dakar
85 BMW R100RT