Re: [ST] power commander

Enrico,

'Derivability' is what happens when you're in a hurry and
trust the spell checker without looking closely. I meant
driveability.

I have a 2000 ST.  For the first 6000 miles it was a great
bike. After the 6000 mile checkup, at which time the dealer
installed the latest 'tune', it went sour. It idled rough,
was prone to stalling, surged, had rotten low end power and
when idling would 'hunt' up and down. The dealer tried
several times to correct the problem, but had no luck.

The problem with my bike was leanness. The latest Triumph
'tunes' are lean at low speeds. With the Techlusion device I
am able to richen the mixture and the bike runs great again.
Actually better than ever. Unfortunately, the engine
management light stays lit. The Techlusion people are
working on a solution, but I don't think they will be able
to solve the problem. I put a piece of tape over the light.

Enrico wrote:

> [...]

- --
John H. Seltzer
2906 Alvarado Drive