[ST] (RS) Wolf Can Fitting

I recently purchased a Wolf Round Titanium can for my '01
RS. I love the sound of the pipe and when we get the fuel
map tweaked I expect a significant power increase.
However I am having a bit of a problem with the fitting.
The connector pipe (or S pipe if you prefer) is made to
such a tight tolerance it actually is up against the
swingarm when the bike is not loaded with a rider. The
pipe is also slightly splayed outwards from the bike
rather than tucking in parallel as it should.
Another RS owner here recently had a similar fit problem
with a Wolf. I contacted Wolf to ask if it was possible
they had sent  the wrong connector pipe but was told it
was the only connector they made for the RS (it did arrive
in a plastic bag marked "RS" FWIW).
 I hope to shoot a pic later today to upload and also to
send to Wolf.
Anyone else have any fitment problems like this? If so how
did you solve them? TIA
Cheers,
Robbie