Re: [ST] Dave's picture

There are two common picture formats available for most web browsers;
jpeg and gif.

Photographs should be saved in the jpeg format and the file extension
should be .jpg so that the browser knows what to do with it.

.bmp (bitmap) is a Windows format that isn't compressed and the file
sizes are huge, plus unless configured by the user, most browsers
don't know what to do with them and so you end up seeing the actual
code displayed.

Jack, you need to save it as a jpeg, not as a bit map.

I'm guessing that Dave's file isn't really a jpeg, and simply
renaming it with a  .jpg extension isn't enough.

>Dave, like me, your picture isn't viewable.
>I've tried the link to upload a picture three times in a year without
>success.
>Anybody know what us non-computer Dweebs are doing wrong?
>I sent a bitmap.

- --
Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643