[ST] Re: Intruder 800 (No Triumph Content)

  While I have no experience with the Intruder specifically, I used to
ride a VX800, which has the same engine.  It is a very good one, with
decent power, and is fairly bulletproof.  There are folks on the VX800
list that have close to 100K miles on their bikes.  I would, however,
concurr with the other lister's opinion that an SV650 would be another
choice that would be much closer to a S3.  Depending on the rider's
height, however, there might be inseam issues.  Although the SV is a
light bike, it does not have the lowest seat height.  The optional gel
seat would help this a bit.  I owned one of these little beauties for 2
years and put 17K miles on it, with the only problem being a water pump
failure at 2K (fluke covered under warranty).  This is a great little
bike, and I would highly reccomend one.  I hope that this information is
helpful.

Wes

End of st-digest V2002 #451