[ST] BRP riders beware!

I cut this from a local TV stations website
and edited out most of the the news tags for your
convenience:

People who like to take a relaxing drive on the Blue
Ridge Parkway
can expect some changes soon.
As Justin McLeod reports it is an effort to make
things safer on the
popular rodeway.

It is a place that attracts people locally and from
around the
country (QUICK NAT SOUND OF MOTORCYCLES AT
15:48:48)...all 469-miles
of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

((BRENDA BURKES: I JUST LOVE IT. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.))
((OWEN BURKERS: OH YES, PRETTY SCENERY.))

Pretty scenery but also the scene of many accidents.
The number of crashes on the parkway is up 43-percent
from five years
ago.

((STEVE BUXTON/PARK RANGER: WHEN PEOPLE ARE DISTRACTED
FROM OBJECTS
ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT TENDS TO INCREASE
ACCIDENTS.))

It is an increase that rises significantly from now
until late fall.
Last year, the Parkway recorded 130 accidents during
the months of
August, September, and October.

((JUSTIN McLEOD/REPORTING: A LOT OF THOSE ACCIDENTS
ARE HAPPENING IN
CURVES. PARK RANGERS SAY THEY SOMETIMES CLOCK DRIVERS
GOING 70 TO 80
MILES PER HOUR IN A CURVE. THAT'S WHY THEY PLAN TO PUT
UP MORE
WARNING SIGNS IN THE COMING MONTHS TELLING YOU TO SLOW
DOWN.))

The Park Service is also launching Operation 11 to 7.
All available rangers will now patrol the parkway on
Saturday and
Sunday when many of the accidents seem to happen.

((ED CLARK/PARK RANGER: WE WOULD ASK FOLKS TO STOP,
SLOW DOWN, TO
TAKE IN THE SIGHTS BUT TO TRAVEL SAFELY AND REALLY
OBSERVE THAT 45
MILE A HOUR SPEED LIMIT SIGN.))

((NAT SOUND OF MOTORCYCLES DRIVING BY))
The Park Service has found motorcyles are involved in
a high number
of accidents.

((NAT SOUND OF RANGER ON RADIO SAYING "I CAN'T MAKE
THE MODEL OF THE
VEHICLE" AT 15:57:48 TAPE 1))

Rangers don't know why but plan to study ways to
reduce that number.
It is all in an effort to make your ride on the
parkway enjoyable
without taking a turn for the worse. (SHOT AT 59:28,
TAPE 2)
Justin McLeod, News 7, Roanoke County.))

Randy
'00 RS