[ST] eccentric chain adjuster

Just had my first new chain fitted on Old Shep at 33,000km. Fitted the
sprockets myself (no problem with the 36mm socket) but because I don't own
a chain breaker, I asked my local shop to fit the chain for me. No problem...

...until I tried to lift the bike on to the center stand. Phew!  I know I
carry a lot of junk in Shep's luggage, but I'd never had that much trouble
getting him on to the stand before. I also noticed a couple of times that
the old boy was sitting rather close to vertical on the side stand, and the
ground seemed a little close than it used to when I was out riding...

The more perceptive of you will have worked out by now (probably a lot
quicker than I did) what the problem was. The shop guy had moved the
eccentric adjuster past the center point so that the wheel hub was now
sitting higher in the swingarm, thereby "lowering" Shep's rear end by maybe
a half inch.

I just re-set the adjuster back to where it was, and now it's a lot easier
to get on the stand, But one thing I am going to watch: Shep felt a lot
more stable going through long sweepers with the back lower--maybe because
of a slightly longer rake.

I'll check it out over the next few days and report back...

Sheep Dawg & Old Shep ('00 ST Sapphire)
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca