RE: [ST] Mesh riding jackets

I was standing in Kootenay Sleds & Wheels in Nelson, BC; it was in the
nineties outside, and the only mesh jacket they had was the Joe Rocket
Phoenix. I was looking at riding through the Okanagan valley behind the big
windshield of a Trophy...

Enough of the First Gear Kilimanjaro (which is about as toasty as a
four-season sleeping bag) in this heat, I said to myself, and slapped my
credit card on the counter. Nearly bought the pants as well, but I'm
hanging on for a pair of Draggin' jeans.

I'm happy with the jacket fit and the airflow is wonderful. Like others,
I'm not convinced the armour would stay in place or whether the jacket
would hold up for long in a high-speed tumble, but it's better than passing
out from heat exhaustion.

Sheep Dawg & Old Shep
Vancouver, BC
www.smith.bc.ca