Re: [ST] Vibration & wrong tune

- -----Original Message-----
From: Sean Baumann <seanbaumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 August 2002 02:57
Subject: [ST] Vibration & wrong tune

>Howdy,
>
>I'm having a vibration problem w/ my RS lately.  I really never paid
>attention to vibration before, but ever since I switch to the triumph race
>can (which I got used) and an 18t front sprocket, I have noticed a ton of
>vibration through the footpegs, tank, seat, and handlebars (from most to
>least
Sean,
Join the club - there's  a problem out there there that Triumph isn't
accepting. I had exactly the same with a 2000RS - smooth until just after
a12000 service then suddenly it went all buzzy - not the usual brief
vibration period around 4000 rpm but vibes that get worse with engine
speed - @ 100mph + the engine was trying to jump out of the frame. Worse
when hot.
And don't believe your dealer - they all go through an intensive course in
stating "they all do that Sir" while attempting to keep a straight face when
presented with a problem that may cost them money.
Maybe when enough people complain to Triumph about it then they might
investigate.
Jez