Re: [ST] Back Packs

Eric Mann wrote:

> OK, I am looking for some input on back packs.  I need something mobile to
> carry little thing now and then and like to have something I can carry into
> work with me.  So, I currently have a Spidi Wind-Pro back pack, but it has a
> tendancy to ride up into the back of my helmet if I don't have much in it.
> And it is dificult to get on and off when I have either my JR Phoenix or
> Meteor 3.0 jackets on.
>
> Any suggestions?  I am thinking about doing the Triumph tank bag, but I
> would like something else I can also carry into work or into the court
> house.

Have you tried any sort of messenger/courier bag? The single
strap certainly makes them easier on/off than a backpack, and
much less restrictive. I've used Zo bags[1] for 10+ years on my
bicycles, and just stopped using them while on my motorcycle
about a year and a half ago. Incidentally the reason I stopped
was due to the realization that items carried on your person
can be detrimental in a crash.

riderwarehouse has a nice selection of these types of bags. a
buddy at work ordered one, and the design and build quality
were both excellent.

[1] Eric(?) Zo has made bags for bike messengers in San Francisco
for years - excellent quality.

My RKA tankbag works great for shuttling my books/lunch/tools
to and from work on a daily basis. Off the bike it looks like
any other soft briefcase style bag. 3 quick-clips make it very
easy on and off.

	good luck - al.
- --
       /\ _