[ST] RE: Laugh or Cry / lane splitting

Just my two penn'orth...

I wasn't aware that filtering (as we in the UK refer to 'lane splitting')
was legal in some states and illegal in others. Tough luck to those of you
in the latter. It's similar in Europe with Germany (for one) banning it and
others such as the UK being so positive about it that it's considered
fundamental to passing an advanced riding test (IAM), i.e. don't do it when
it's feasible and you fail the test. Most UK drivers seem to accept it,
except when the kamikaze loons do it with high speed differentials.

Not living in an area that has multiple occupancy lanes, I can't say whether
they accommodate motorcycles in the UK, but what we in Bristol have (fairly
uniquely to the UK, I think) is biker use of bus lanes (along with taxis and
bicycles). This seems to have been running smoothly for several years, and
is a boon to ride.

Regards,
- --
BRG