Re: [ST] Offside usage (Non ST but m/c in general)

I'm not sure if I'm doing a correct English to American translation
but I think you're referring to crossing the line to straighten
curves, rather than to pass a vehicle. So my answer is in that vein:
I don't like other's in my lane, so I try to stay out of their's.
Besides, what's the point of riding on curvy roads if you're going to
remove all of the curves.

On the other hand, if you're referring to passing while in a double
yellow (the American standard for a no passing zone) I will do it on
occasion under the following conditions:

1. Remote area where you can't be seen by a police car making the
move (right Blake?)

2. I've followed the vehicle for awhile and they won't pull over
(usually not a problem up here in Humboldt County, but was a big
problem in the Bay Area).

3. Finally, and most importantly, the pass can be made safely without
looking like a squid or terrorizing any other motorists.

>I would be interested in the grass roots opinion of riders here in order to
>gauge what sort of percentage would contemplate crossing the centre line to
>make progress and under what circumstances and/or their feelings on
>this issue.

- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://members.cox.net/aestheticdesign
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned