[ST] Soliciting Exhaust Opinons & How to Avoid Future Solicitations - LONG

Does anyone in the Houston area have an aftermarket exhaust on their ST?  If
so, I'd like to listen to it when convenient.

Also, if anyone's interested in chiming in here, I'm looking for additional
opinions and input.  I've been looking through the archives and see that
there are several criteria for product selection (e.g. price,
weight/performance, looks, sound) and the criteria are prioritized
differently for different people.  My priorities are sound, looks,  price,
weight/performance.  More specifically:

SOUND - I'm looking for anything that's more aggressive sounding than the
stock can (which I'm guessing is almost any other can).  I don't want it to
be so loud that I set off car alarms all the way down the block, but I want
to be able to get very close to that if I ever decide to test the
neighborhood's automotive security measures. ; )  Mostly  I just want a
corresponding audible accompaniment for a given level of acceleration.  In
other words, I'd like to hear (and have others in the vicinity hear) how
fast I'm going regardless of whether they can see me or not.

LOOKS - I'd really like an underseat system, but I don't know how that
limits my choices.  I like the way the bike looks with the exhaust tucked up
out of the way (more racy looking to me).  I definitely don't want a carbon
fiber can and if I can't get something under the seat, I'd like to keep the
look as close to stock as possible and mounted in the stock position (vs
high mounted) so I can still take a passenger.

PRICE - Given what I've seen as the price range of $250ish to $1000, I'd
like to stay closer to the $250ish side.  I'd probably go up to about $500,
but I doubt seriously that I'd consider spending more.

WEIGHT/PERFORMANCE - From what I read in the archive, it looks like most
aftermarket cans are lighter than stock.  Does this apply to the Triumph
performance can as well?  I'm really not that interested in weight savings
or provable performance increases, but I definitely don't want additional
weight and/or decreased performance.  I guess my biggest concern here is the
ability to get the right tune loaded on the bike.  My assumption is that for
any of the exhausts listed on the ST page that should not be an issue.

So, if you've gotten all the way down here, thanks for listening and if you
have an opinion, by all means please let me know.

Thanks.

Chris

P.S.  I suggest that someone consolidate the reviews from people who've done
exhaust mods and list them on the web-site so you don't have to listen to
the same whining-ass (referring only to me of course) I want's over and
over. I am thinking of something along the lines of:

Make: Remus, Wolf, etc
Model: Genesis
Price:
Fit: Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, etc
Looks: Description
Sound: Description
Retune needed?: Y/N
Observations: Description

I wouldn't mind compiling the info if people respond, but I need to know
how/where to put it on the site (maybe under FAQ -->
Installations/Upgrades/Modifications.  I guess I would need to e-mail eric.