Re: [ST] I wanna cool helmet!

> Unless you rode with the chin bar up the limited number of vents and there
> placement would appear to limit air flow to significantly less than my
Arai
> RX7.  And if you did ride with the chin bar up, it would be cheaper and no
> less dangerous to have a 3/4 helmet.

The flipfront model is the Boxer.
I share Bills concerns about flipfront lids and went for the full face
Diversion.
The venting is really very good and is one of the design points that the
helmet has recived such acclaim for. Specifically, the designers have
achieved a very aerodynamic shape and efficient venting which results is
little or no turbulence and certainly the quietest helmet I've ever owned,
even with the vents opened. (Previously I've owned Arai, shoei and Dainese
lids).

If only they could sort out that damned cheap feeling visor mechanism Roof
would have a market leader on their hands. In the meantime owners have to
sacrifice the convenience of a quick release visor mechanism for the new
levels of quietness the Diversion offers.

Martin,
Ireland