RE: [ST] Crossing over - somewhat off topic

> I don't mean to be morbid, but is it intentional or coincidental that the
> subject of this thread is called Crossing Over?

I was also wondering if this was intended to be ironic, or if it was
accidental.

> BTW, Crossing Over with John Edward is an interesting show.  You get to see
> someone who is highly skilled in "social engineering" and the people who
> believe him.  I find it hard to believe that those who've "crossed over" can
> tell him only vague things about common objects.  Seems like once you've
> "crossed over" you tend to forget a lot of things and how to articulate what
> you do remember.

I can't bring myself to watch it. I have a pretty low threshold of
disgust with stuff like that. I mean, what separates us from chimpanzees
if we don't _use_ our ability to reason. I have enough of a reminder
that we're the apes who _fell_ out of the trees when the young 'men' do
their horny orangutang impersonation ("Wooooo! Wooooo!" for those of you
who don't watch Animal Planet as much as my wife 8^}) on the streets in
my neighborhood every weekend night (lotsa bars).

danch (AKA "il grande calimari" '01 BRG)