Re: [ST] Finally got my ST in my garage.

Chuck,

Congrats and welcome to the best club on earth.

Great post. Wonderful stream of conscienceness. (Can you say Kerouac?)
Just yesterday someone on the Triumph list posted about their trip to
Nova Scotia. Makes me want to go again. Anyway...

Start ups: Are you using the kill switch or key? Kind like MightySoft
Windoze, you need to go through the proper shut down procedure. Shut off
at key.

Running rich: Hmmm. Is it my imagination or are many people with 02's
not too thrilled with tune #13?

Harsh front end: OK everyone, all together now, "Race Tech."

Cross winds: Call me weird but I find it amusing to ride in a cross
wind. Let's me get to use a different mindset while riding. Had the
bejeezus scared out of me once. As I passed a tractor-trailer on the
lower level of the George Washington Bridge I got caught completely by
suprise by the wind tearing down the river. Good thing my leather pants
are already brown!

New rubber: Oh, sure. Start that thread again!

"oh, did I mention that I am really really jazzed about this bike? Well,
I am wicked happy. Above 7k is downright thrilling and scary --  I race
33 hp bikes -- the roll on is organ adjusting."

THAT was the best part of your post!

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."
                        -- Jean Giraudoux