[ST] Frame Sliders

I have a 2002 Sprint RS.  In the past, I have had case savers on other
bikes, but there is no place and apparently no manufacturers for them for
Sprints.  The new fashion is frame sliders.  I've asked the dealer if they
were worth the trouble and what Triumph's position on them was and got a
shoulder shrug.

My questions are, are they worth the cost and trouble?  Do they end up
bending the frame in addition to the expected fairing damage when you low
side?  Plastic is expensive, but Aluminum is even more expensive.

John

http://mail2web.com/ .