[ST] Re: Tools - toolkit

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 09:03:58 -0800, Wesley Horner wrote:

>On Fri Dec 06 at 02:46:11 PM, Jean Louis Doublet wrote:
>
>> I've installed them three months ago. Great product. The only difficulty was
>> to find the hex socket  to remove the two OEM engine/frame bolts. As far as
>> I remember it was a T55 and I (finally) found one at some Autozone.
>
>Curiously that tool is in the toolkit that comes with the Tiger but not the
>ST.  I made extensive use of it while disassembling the ST so I can only
>assume it wasn't included because one more tool and the seat would
>never go back on.
>
>Wes

Yesterday the clutch cable on my 2000 Sprint ST broke. The fat blob on the end
at the clutch broke off (was missing) after 28k miles. That caused me to get out
my bikes toolkit. What a joke.
What jobs can you do with the stock tool kit?
You can NOT remove either wheel. No wrench to remove clutch cable. I am not
even sure that you could adjust the chain.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA