[ST] fairnig fix, and emergency Evolution jacket revisit

Steve -

fairing tabs: my local carbon fiber whiz showed me a way to fix my HawkGT
fairing tabs; sand off the surfaces lightly for good adhesion, then use a
quality resin, reinforced with fiber [he uses CF 'because it's there'],
maybe a layer of cloth and some strands laid in specific load-bearing
directions. on 'build thickness', a little bit goes a long way - and this
stuff is hard, it's tedious to sand it back if you put on too much. get
enough purchase area on the cowl side of the repair so the normal stresses
don't create a new cracking point/line. what's 'a quality resin'? good
body stuff, good industrial stuff, even JB Weld. probably even WallyWorld
E-Pox-E. what's not? the stuff in the bottom of the drawer, lying in a
pool of hardener squeezed out when your kid tossed the toolbox in without
looking...

Evolution Jacket:

ok, when MrsBP and i went to the Dallas show a coupla Saturdays back [that
would be the weekend Dunco left town to avoid having me tailgate him
around the show like it was a buncha twisties], we went by the Triumph
booth. i wanted to tell the dealer rep about the good dealers in OKC and
Grand Junction; while we were there, Sharon spotted this snazzy red/black
Evolution jacket. i tried it on. she liked it, wants Santa to bring me
one.

yesterday we went to Performance Cycle and tried one on again. this time
the liner was in. but putting it on over my long sleeved cotton polo
[which is what i'd expect to want to be wearing in liner weather], i
looked like Harpo Marx trying to escape from a straight jacket. ok, not
like Harpo, he's got hair.

am i missing something? this is a fine looking jacket, with lotsa nice
features like the fanny pocket for the liner / gloves / Glock. but...

for warm weather, i have my tired but proven perforated leathers. with the
liner in, the Evolution is really a challenge to get on. she said she'd
buy me a silk shirt so i could just sliiiide in, but that isn't "me"...

i went to the archives for Evolution comments, but for the moment JonG has
a request for a replacement volunteer librarian up [go see it, please, if
you are even slightly inclined].

my specific questions are:

is there a method for getting the jacket on when the liner is in?

do i really want a jacket where the rain barrier [Sympatex / Goretex etc.]
is on the inside? i can see this layer as an excellent cold-air-stop /
sweat-permeable layer, but i still 'Neanderhal-think' that rain gear goes
on the outside.

at what temperature range do you Evolution users comfortably wear the
jacket, with and without the liner?

cheers
papydawg, Santa's little helper