Re: [ST] killed battery..

I am now too old to ever grow up
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Auger Pascal" <pauger@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:15 AM
Subject: [ST] killed battery..

Hi Pascal,

I had the same trouble this year on my '00 Sprint. It was a defective headlamp relay - don't know why because relays normally wouldn't be out of function with this error (the coil of the defective relay had a resistance of lower 300 Ohms, the new relay had a resistance of around 900 Ohms...)
I changed it to a simple car relay (you will get at a car accessory store or an electronic shop like Conrad in Austria or Germany, maybe in France Conrad is present) for around 3,50 EUR.
The relay is in the top fairing behind the right beam. It is not necessary to open the fairing. There are 3 (or 2, if there is only one beam used for low beam headlight and the other beam for high beam)  relays in a vertical row, the relays for the headlight are the 2 relays from the bottom up (ore the 1 from bottom). You can feel the defective relay with your fingertip on the case.
If you have some MoS2 (contact) spray it is good manner to clean the relay socket with.

Do you have only 1 headlight at the time? Then it is very easy have both headlights on during high beam and low beam - you only need a second relay. It is now allowed in the European Union...

best regards from Vienna

Enrico
'00 ST 'BlueBelle'