Re: [ST] killed battery..

Auger Pascal wrote:

>Well, I give my ST to the shop two weeks ago to mount heated grips and
>connect headlamps together. No time actually to do that by myself...
>
>I suppose that's not the same problem that was explained  here, but I've
had
>to reload the battery two times since.

On the '01 ST, I think connecting the headlamps together requires simply
plugging in a relay.  There shouldn't be much potential for mistakes there.

Fitting heated grips is also a plug-in job, but involves routing a wiring
harness underneath the instruments from the connection on the right of the
bike to the grips switch on the left.  The wiring does not need to pass
close to the ignition switch.  Again, there shouldn't really be much
potential for mistakes, but maybe the mechanic pulled some cabling too
tight.  Have a look at the wiring coming out of the bottom of the ignition
switch and see if there is any damage.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  Are
you sure you're not leaving the ignition switch in Park, with the parking
light on?

Neil