Re: [ST] New engine break-in

Well beside the engine blowup.  Mines been down on the pavement 5 times due to idiots in cages and thoughtful construction trucks leaving gifts up and down the road.

>>> xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx 12/12/02 01:36PM >>>

WELL, Lex, quite interesting information!  And it fits in perfectly with MY
experience as well, but I had not put 2 & 2 together until now.

You and I are some of the very few who have had total engine failure with
the Sprint.  Mine occurred at one year old (almost to the day),  at 16,000
miles.  Guess what??  #1 cylinder, wrist pin let go with hand grenade
results..........

Guess what else???  My "break-in" was done in two riding stints, over one
weekend.  Coincidence?  I don't think so, Tim.

I had never associated the two.  Thanks, Lex.  Texas sure seems to be hard
on ST's, ehhhh??  Two blown motors, and five totaled, by my count.

STeve Duncan
Dallas, Tejas
'00 Sprint-ST
"The more I wonder, the more I wander"