[ST] RE: st-digest V2002 #698 Rear Shock Options

I've been checking around for the same myself and am leaning towards the
Penske 8981 (http://www.traxxion.com/products.shock.penske.8981.shtml).
Traxxion Dynamics (http://www.traxxion.com/about.shtml) will put one
together for you to match your style of riding and weight and offer 3
types of Penske, a base model that is a Traxxion exclusive
(http://www.traxxion.com/products.special.sportshock.shtml) from what I
understand, using the 8900 series body, spring and rebound damping
adjustment only, the 8981 offers remote compression adjustment on top of
the base model, and the third is more for racing applications.  I have
not purchased from them yet (bike's been put away for winter so I have
some time to think about)  but they have been pretty quick in email
response with information.  Prices were $575, $775, and $1150,
respectively and the base model can be upgraded to include compression
adjustment at a later date.  Prices include spring as well.

For comparison, Jack Lilly's has WP Suspension products ranging from
$550 to $750, Ohlins for $819, and what appears to be the stock shock
for $700, using today's currency conversion to US dollars.

J Page
'99 Red ST