Re: [ST] RE: 2002 ST fuel lines

Hi Harry,

I don't believe there was ever a 'fix' put in place for the fuel lines
because Triumph never identified it as an official problem. The ST, RS,
Speed Triple and Daytona all use the same plastic disconnects which can fail
in two ways.

1] General wear and tear causes the O-ring to fail.
2] The plastic housing will shear into two pieces. On My 02 Speed Triple
this happened after 25 Kms.

Triumph are still using exactly the same part on the current machines.
However, I've only heard of the quick connects shearing on a small number of
machines and in my case at least the part was replaced promptly under
warranty.

Martin,
Ireland